Community Garden & Social Media Team
(up to 3 full-time summer student positions)
The Tri County Women’s Centre is a community based, feminist agency that provides supportive services, advocacy, and programs to women and adolescent girls.
The Centre is seeking to hire up to 3 summer employees to: Work with the South End Community Garden and partners to coordinate garden operations through volunteer management, gardening work, sales and special event facilitation.
This will include a program for South End Kids Community Garden, as well as a program for seniors.
Additional responsibilities will include social media engagement for the community garden as well as the Tri County Women’s Centre.
Skills and requirements:
• studying Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a related social science field working within a feminist analysis.
• Requires strong communication skills with working knowledge of partners within the local communities.
• Must have reliable transportation
These are NS SKILL https://novascotia.ca/.../student-summer-skills-incentive/(returning university or college students) and Canada Summer Jobs (youth age 16-30) https://www.canada.ca/.../funding/canada-summer-jobs.html funded positions. The successful applicant must be eligible under one of these program participant eligibilities. Please check the links provided for eligibility and indicate if you are eligible for one or both programs in your cover letter.
• 8-10 weeks; 35 hours/week @ $15/hour
• Working out of the Yarmouth office.
• Outdoor activity at the South End Community Garden and on-site at Tri County Women’s Centre.
*The successful candidates will require a criminal record check and child abuse registry check.
The Tri County Women’s Centre is an equitable employer and applicants are welcome to self- identify in their application.
Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: Monday, May 17th, 2021 - 4:00pm (Atlantic)
Only applications with cover letter and resume received by email at email@example.com will be considered
*Please indicate “Summer Job” in the Subject header