Tri County Women's Health Coalition
Mission: The mission of the TCWHC is to promote health and reduce health issues related to women, their families and communities through a coalition of community groups, agencies and citizens.
- Promote a best practices (BP) approach to improve women’s positive health outcomes.
- Advocate for policies that promote the health of women.
- Advocate for accessible programs and resources that promote the health of women.
- Provide feedback on policies, programs and issues that affect women’s health.
- Advocate on alcohol policies to influence decision makers in government (municipal, provincial) by informing (using stats and stories) them on the negative impacts of alcohol on the health of women and recommended BP’s alcohol related policies that can help to improve women’s health.
- Advocate for accessible programs with decision makers in government (municipal), DHA and other key agencies to increase accessibility to services/programs in the health district and the community that positively contribute to increase women’s health.
- Advocate for improved services with decision makers in key stakeholder organizations (i.e. RCMP, SWH) to implement a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program in the district.
- Increase public awareness by working collaboratively to develop and implement campaigns to raise awareness about issues that impact women’s health i.e. Sexual Violence Awareness Month